[sword-devel] console cf LCD bible

l_d_allan at adelphia.net l_d_allan at adelphia.net
Thu Aug 12 17:02:22 MST 2004

From: "Lynn Allan" <paracletos at adelphia.net>
To: "SWORD Developers' Collaboration Forum" <sword-devel at crosswire.org>
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] console cf LCD bible
Date: Thursday, August 12, 2004 5:54 PM

> Just a thought, if you are there Lynn, would you be interested in
> looking at this as an even lower common denominator app?

Hi Daniel et'al,

I've been out of town quite a bit and less active on the sword list ... and
putting more time in a project related to a "Sharing Bible" than LcdBible.
http://www.bibleinverse.org/sharingbibles/download

Anyway, my perception is that a "lower than lowest common denominator Bible"
would have Linux users as a 'target' rather than DOS. What do you and/or
Troy have in mind? What kind of things can you do with pdcurses? The
equivalent of a combo-dropdown list? Or a input text field to specify a
Book-Chapter or Search-Words?

I don't have any experience with ncurses, pdcurses, or linux development, so
I don't know if I could contribute much. It might not be too difficult to
get LcdBible working with 16-bit Win 3.x, but I don't think the effort would
be justified. The last time I did terminal screen programming with ESC
sequences for X-Y cursor addressing was for CPM-68K in the early 80's.

For His glory and honor,
Lynn A.