[sword-devel] Other religions?

Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:06:19 -0400

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 09:05 pm, Mete Kural wrote:
> I am personally interested in adding Tanakh and Quran
> support to SWORD. I think it would be great if
> CrossWire would consider putting support for the
> Tanakh and the Quran into the core distribution.

What do you mean Quaran support. We have one in the section it belongs in our
classifications general books. There is no need to complicate the codebase to
make direct support for modules we already fully support. You can browse the
Quaran, look at it next to the bible, search it, and depdending on the
version of sword you use transliterate it. What more do you need?

> I browsed through the beta area but but couldn't find
> the Quran module. My eyes might have missed it though.
> Would you be able to send me a direct link to the page
> please?

It's a general book. Might not be listed on the beta page.

> Also, is there a Tanakh module?

As already stated, we have the Hebrew old testament, but it's arranged in the
same manner as the Christian old testaments, the KJV numbering scheme
specifically.