[sword-devel] BCB6 build???

YAB sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 00:52:38 +0200

Hello,

sorry for bothering you (I am not very familiar with programming) but is it
really possible to build biblecs with BCB6?

I've been trying some days using biblecs, icu-sword and sword files
(downloaded with cvs). I use BCB6 Personal version under win98.
icuinbcb6.lib is OK
with icuucbcb6.lib problems occur: after several warnings there are numerous
errors (first is "unable to open input digitlst.cpp" which is located not
where the program looks for it).

Should I go on trying to change paths and directories?
Following exactly advices concerning this item which were put on your
devel-list for one year, I only finished with over 250 compiler warnings,
and 50 linker errors. By now, I really appreciate the work of those who
succeded with build - and I appreciate the level of technical skills
necessary to deal with such a sophisticated project...

Could you give me a piece of advice how to go on?