[sword-devel] Trying to checkout sword using WinCvs 1.2 ... has CVSROOT changed?

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 09 Apr 2004 20:53:59 +0100

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 09:43, Lynn Allan wrote:
> Hi sword-devel'opers,
>
> Sounds like the BCB6 .bpr's / .bpg's have been synch'ed. Thanks Troy,
> Jonathan, et'al ! :-)
>
> I was going to give it a try, but ran into problems getting WinCvs 1.2 to
> checkout the latest code tree. Have the instructions/settings changed since
> late-2003? I seem to recall that there were instructions specifically for
> WinCvs 1.2 for Win32 developers. I looked in twiki, mvnforum, and the
> CrossWire webpages. At one point, I came across the note to "follow the link
> for CVS usage" but that seemed a "dead end."
>
> I did find this link from Dec, 2000:
> http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/sword-devel/2000-December/011093.html
>
> Has the CVSROOT for WinCvs 1.2 changed from
> :pserver:anonymous@cvs.crosswire.org:/usr/local/cvsroot
> (at one point it was: :pserver:anonymous@cvs.crosswire.org:/cvs/core ???)
>
> Should I be using WinCvs 1.3?
>
> I'm getting this error message:
> cvs checkout -P sword (in directory C:\Sword)
> /usr/local/cvsroot: no such repository
> cvs checkout: authorization failed: server cvs.crosswire.org rejected access
> to /usr/local/cvsroot for user anonymous
> *****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

Hiya,
The CVS root was changed not too long ago to
:pserver:anonymous@cvs.crosswire.org:/cvs/core
and that is documented at
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/develop/biblecs/cvs.jsp

btw personally I would recommend using TortoiseCVS.[1] It integrates
_very_ nicely with explorer.

Regards,
Daniel

[1]http://tortoisecvs.sourceforge.net/