[sword-devel] Re: subject idea (not so bad imho ;) )

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 01 Apr 2004 15:30:10 +0100

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 14:15, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Daniel Glassey wrote:

> > Why would you need to? Iiuir what you do is add a [flashcards] prefix to
> > your message subject for flashcards messages etc, then if people
> > receiving the list want to filter flashcards messages differently from
> > other jsword-devel messages then they can.
> >
> > Hmmm ... sounds like a very good idea for sword-devel ;)
>
> It makes the real subject almost unreadable. This message showed up as:
>
>    135 Apr  1 Daniel Glassey      (4155) [sword-devel] [flashcards] Re: [jsword
>
> As you see not much room left for any usefull information regarding the
> subject.

The sword-devel and jsword-devel bits automatically get added by
mailman. Obviously that would be switched off!

btw if anyone is filtering on the subject take note that you can filter
on other headers that are always the same like

It would probably be a good idea to shorten the prefixes as much as
possible while still being intelligible - most things will take up less
space than [{j}sword-devel] anyway.

> I suggest people use a sane description in their subject line so one can
> see easily what the message is about.

It's the ability to filter out messages that you don't even want to see
the subject of that I think is a good idea.

Regards,
Daniel