Bad subject idea (was: [sword-devel] [flashcards] Re: [jsword-devel] FlashCards)

Hugo van der Kooij
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:15:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Daniel Glassey wrote:

> Why would you need to? Iiuir what you do is add a [flashcards] prefix to
> your message subject for flashcards messages etc, then if people
> receiving the list want to filter flashcards messages differently from
> other jsword-devel messages then they can.
> Hmmm ... sounds like a very good idea for sword-devel ;)

It makes the real subject almost unreadable. This message showed up as:

   135 Apr  1 Daniel Glassey      (4155) [sword-devel] [flashcards] Re: [jsword

As you see not much room left for any usefull information regarding the

I suggest people use a sane description in their subject line so one can
see easily what the message is about.

	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.