[sword-devel] curiosity

Andrew Vardeman sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:58:34 -0500

Chris,

Thanks for the reply.  I gave the site a look.  Is the code browseable
anywhere online, or is that considered a security risk?  I visited the
CVS web interface at SourceForge and looked around a bit.  Is that just
for the engine?

I know very little about CORBA other than that SOAP is a smaller,
slower, XML-based attempt to do a similar thing.  Does the web site use
the C++ SWORD engine?  Was the SOAP stuff killed or did it just die off
on its own?

If I got into this project, it would have to be very slowly.  I've used
CVS, but more as a novelty than a necessity (sharing code with at most
two other people).  Also no one's ever had to see my JSP code so I'm
sure I don't use the best design principles.  I have a lot to learn
about writing maintainable web app code.

Btw, I hope that graphics offer didn't sound over-eager; I just meant
I'd be happy to pitch in if there was work to be done that the graphics
gurus would trust an amateur with.  I just realized the offer was
especially humorous given my website, which underwent somewhat of a
stripping down recently when it outgrew its old design.  For something
less ridiculous, see http://homepage.mac.com/andrewvardeman/geneva, a
mock-up I did for a job application.

Thanks again and good night,

Andrew