[sword-devel] BuilderX (was: Does internationalization work on windoze?)

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:47:37 -0500

Simon wrote:

>  > They may be flawed to Borland C++ Builder 6.0.  We haven't yet
> switched over to 6.0 as our development platform.
>  >  (If I had to predict, I would say we >probably never will, since
> BuilderX is on its way.)
>
> C++ BuilderX Personal can be downloaded from the Borland Website, but I
> don't know if it is really free to use (the description states:
> 'C++BuilderX contains a commercial license for personal use.', but it's
> free to download, and the CD costs just $10.00, and nowhere on the
> website is info about the price of a Personal Licence for C++ BuilderX,
> so I guess it IS free for personal use.

To my understanding, it's kind of a preview release.  That doesn't mean
they aren't willing to charge thousands of dollars for pro & enterprise
versions.  It just means many of the features are missing.  Ergo, it's
still 'on its way' in my book.

(Among the missing features is a clear path from VCL to either CLX or wx
widgets, I'm told.  Haven't had the time to test it myself though.)

--Chris