[sword-devel] Does Sword have q/a regression tests?

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:27:16 -0600

Inquiring (newbie) minds want to know:

* Does the Sword project have a suite of tools for regression testing?

The reason I ask:
I'm trying to rebuild diatheke and ActiveDiatheke from "scratch", including
the ICU versions. This involves libsword.icu and libsword6icu.lib. For the
purposes of discussion, suppose I found what appears to be a bug, using this
example (just hypothetically, of course)

uobject.h has multiple definitions of method delete because of
#define U_HAVE_PLACEMENT_NEW
which keeps it from compiling.

Further suppose I made a quick/dirty hack-fix and commented out my best
guesstimate of the probable extra method. This lets the compile proceed.

It leads me to wonder: If I submitted this "fix", is there regression test
suite to run against? If so, is this something a developer has access to?
I'd like to avoid embarassing myself with a "fix" that breaks other code.