[sword-devel] Module Making Sucess! (was RSV Module Error, and module making)

Tim Meneely sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:48:51 -0500

On Monday 24 November 2003 3:20 pm, Stephen Denne wrote:
> The details are at
> http://www.crosswire.org/sword/develop/swordmodule/index.jsp
I'd used that, and couldn't get things to work.  I think now the problem was
in going the OSIS route - using Stephen's instructions and example with the
imp format (thank you!) I was readily able to get my stuff working.

I'm much happier now - I've got my chosen Bible version on my Zaurus!

Thanks again for the help and encouragement.
Tim

PS: I'm not sure what to do about the problems with the current RSV module.  I
could produce a new RSV module from a separate, apparently accurate source,
but I don't know whether it would be legal to post?  (It seems to me that if
the copyright holder gave permission that should apply regardless of source,
but of course I'm sure they're concerned about quality and consistency).

PPS: I crudely modified a perl script (originally created by Scott Walde and
called sm2bp.pl) to create Sword-acceptable imp files from old Seedmaster DAT
files.  Perhaps this is playing fast and loose with digital rights, though...