[sword-devel] SwordProject for windows

Ingo sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 03:46:30 +0100

> Troy A. Griffiitts wrote:
> It would make it much easier for us if you could
> provide the detailed copyright information in English to us, so we know
> the legalities of distributing the modules from our site.

Translation from greek and hebrew was being made in 1604-1632 by rev. Daniel
Mikolajewski and first published in 1632 as Biblia Gdanska.
Text was reviewed in 1736 and printed in Krolewiec. Since 1838 Apocrypha
have not been edited. In 1881 New Testament was revised. Since then, no
changes have been made. The text is public domain, it has been edited in
Poland since 1918 more than 50 times (last edition in 1989). (btw - it is
currently being used by many evangelical christians and is considered the
"monument" of polish lutheranism, very nice from the linguistic point of
view).

E-text was scanned + ocr + proofread by people mastering BIBLIA TM website
(http://biblia.elblag.net , contact biblia@biblia.net ). They expressed
clearly (I have their note concerning this), that their work can be "freely
used as the file formatted as OSIS and derivate formats, including modules
used by the Crosswire Bible Society".

OSIS text is encoded by me and it is also intended for free use (although it
is not ready, I have to correct it acc.to specifications).

In His service,

Ingo