[sword-devel] Re: SWORD Project with WBS

Wed, 07 May 2003 19:42:59 -0700

Kenneth,
	These are great!  Thanks for the detailed reports.  I have a new binary
for you to try:

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/sword.exe

I think it fixes the lexicon lookup stuff for the Hanzi dictionary.  A
few things I also discovered:

The font used in the lexicon key edit box and the lexicon key list box
is set to the font for the specific lexicon in display preferences.  You
will probably HAVE to set a font that works with Unicode Chinese for the
Hanzi lexicon.  You may still get unreadable characters in the lexicon
key edit box when doing a lookup if the lexicon selected does not have a
font assigned to it that can display the characters.  It should work
much better now though.  I'll try to make it even more intuitive, if I
get some time soon.

The same logic applied for searching for a word or phrase.  If the
TARGET SEARCH BIBLE has a specific font assigned that can display the
characters, it should work.  The silly thing right now is that the Bible
may display correctly even if there is no specific font assigned for
that Bible, and the Search edit box may not show up correctly.  This is
because the Bible display control has some logic to find a good font if
non is selected, whereas the Search edit box does not have this logic.
Leave it to Microsoft to be consistent :)  I can try to make these work
the same, but for now, the best fix is to ship a font that works, and
assign that font by default.

Still working on other stuff...  Let me know if this binary seems to
work better for you.

I still couldn't make it crash on my end.  Maybe my changes for the
first item fixed the crash bug as well.  Dunno.  Keep me posted as to
what you find.

Also, I don't understand what you mean 'right-to-left' 'top-to-down'.
Where did you find these options?  I couldn't find these anywhere.  I'm
running Win2000.  Maybe this is something new in XP.

	In His Grace,
		-Troy.