[sword-devel] UI for Windows Question...

Jason Turner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:10:56 -0700

Dave,

Thanks for your response. I've hashed through a lot of the
advantages/disadvantages on IRC with some of the other developers. I think
that a .NET version would be the fastest to develop, and Diatheke *is* a
viable solution. However, I've decided to start work on a wxWindows version
based on other's input.

There is something that I think could be very valuable to the project, that
you could do with your copy of C# studio. I've learned that the cl.exe (C#'s
compiler) can compile C++ or C# code to native or the .NET runtime. I've
played with it some, and it seems to work, but I don't have the studio. Could
you try to open the API in the studio and try to compile a .DLL to the CLR?

If you are interested, here is a page of useful links:

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/upgrade/c++.aspx

Again, I'm planning to start a wxWindows version, but still think that a .NET
compiled DLL could be helpful. Anyone else have any thoughts?

-Jason Turner