[sword-devel] release schedule

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 18:16:34 +0100

First of all, I want to congratulate Troy and all who helped to the great
changes in the lib that SWBuf brought about. This will make sword more stable
and less memory consuming. Awesome work, guys.

Is there a release schedule for 1.5.6? I already released an unofficial
snapshot for BibleTime rc1 which I called 1.5.5.99. Imho there are enough
changes in the lib and api to make a new release necessary.

Btw, Daniel and me worked some on the Makefile system of Sword. Releases are
now prepared by

make clean; make dist

rather than tarring up the whole cvs tree. This way the tar.gz file only takes
about 500K rather than 4M. It will only include stuff that needs to be
packaged up for release. Please try it out and report any errors in the make
process here.

Blessings,

Martin