[sword-devel] Web Interface: XML?

Victor Porton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 20:21:42 +0500 (YEKT)

We probably should also use XML as an intermediary level for the Web
interface. Not all things are possible with CSS. E.g. CSS cannot properly
change the order of things (e.g., swap left and right panes without a
problem).

We can use XSLT 1.0 to transform. On Unix xsltproc run IMO enough fast to
do this job. On Windows and pre OSX Macs we need to find an another
processon (probably Xalan-C is a suitable choice).

The CGI itself should IMO be written in C++, not in a script labguage for
performance. The CGI should (if possible) run persistently to not spend
time in reloading Sword library.

--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)