[sword-devel] Re: Suggestion for acronyms

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 00:20:48 -0700

Kenneth,
	I'm sorry you found so many problem.  That's a real bummer.  We'll get
right on debugging them

The parallel tab... Have you tried right-clicking on the text window of
the PARALLEL tab?

The ESV...  Yes, I mentioned that problem with the ESV in my first email
to the list.  We know about it and are working on it.  It should be an
easy fix.  Were you able to turn footnotes on and off in the ESV from
the menu?  The popup footnotes functionality was added especially for
the ESV.

Regarding the suggested acronyms.  You are welcome to change the
acronyms for the Bibles that you ship on your CD.  Unfortunately, we
have so many languages, that our convention is to preface all
non-English/Greek/Hebrew Bibles with a Language designation.  We also
cannot use any special characters in the acronym (like the '-' you
mention below)  It is not allowed in some systems and so we have a
policy against special characters in the module names.  NOW, HAVING SAID
THAT, we could add a way 'ALIAS' the modules by the end user that might
allow such, and you could ship your CD with the aliases that you have
named below.

Thanks for all the great testing.  We'll try to get things stable for
you in the next couple days.

	In His Grace,
		-Troy.