[sword-devel] Re: Locale updates

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:58:48 +0200

Chris,

thanks for the many updates you made to the locales.

> >-id: the book of Judges is called "hakim-hakim", which will not parse.
> > Should I rename to "hakim"?
>
> "Hakim" means judge--definitely incorrect.  "Hakim hakim" would be
> closer (though still inorrect), but might be interpreted as "judge judge".

Well, we need to choose something that will parse, hakim-hakim won't.
The locale is fine except for that one bookname.

> >-po: locale broken despite fixes. Very slow parsing, why? A native
> > maintainer needs to fix this. Should not be included in the release in
> > its current state.
>
> (pl) I made a lot of changes & corrections here, but I don't know
> whether they will fix anything.  Give it a try and let us know if
> there's still a problem.

Seems better now, books that don't work are:
Sędziów Ezechiela Daniela Ozeasza Joela Amosa.
My subjective impression is still that the locale is slower than others.

et_abbr.conf has the following booknames not working:
Rt Tn Jn Fl Tt
et.conf is fine.

Martin