[sword-devel] Re: Locale updates

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:01:23 -0700

Martin Gruner wrote:

>Sorry for the confusion I caused. I had 2 locales.d directories on my system,
>and the wrong one was used in BibleTime. It works now.
>
>I checked and fixed all locales. Problems remaining are:
>-es: the known long booknames in Paul's letters

(et) I shortened the book names.  Some people feel the need to include
full book names like "The Book of Ruth" or "The Revelation of John"
instead of more familiar short forms, Ruth and Revelation,
respectively.  The same problem exists in a number of other locale
files, but let's ignore it for this release.

>-id: the book of Judges is called "hakim-hakim", which will not parse. Should
>I rename to "hakim"?

"Hakim" means judge--definitely incorrect.  "Hakim hakim" would be
closer (though still inorrect), but might be interpreted as "judge judge".

>-po: locale broken despite fixes. Very slow parsing, why? A native maintainer
>needs to fix this. Should not be included in the release in its current
>state.

(pl) I made a lot of changes & corrections here, but I don't know
whether they will fix anything.  Give it a try and let us know if
there's still a problem.

--Chris