[sword-devel] BibleCS 1.5.6pre1

Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:19:43 -0700

A new release of BibleCS is available and contains all of the tentative
new functionality for version 1.5.6.  Please test and get your feedback
in as soon as possible.  Any locales that need updating, please also get
those in, and if, by my neglect, you did send one in that wasn't added.
  Please resend and I will get it in for the final release very soon,
Lord willing.

a few comments and significant things for which to watch:

	Joachim helped out on the new OSIS Footnotes functionality.  The only
module that has osis footnotes, currently (of which I'm aware), is the
awesome new ESV module that Chris made, which is on the beta site, so
you'll need to download the ESV to test these.  They now support hover
over popups and distinction between a real 'footnote' and a
type="crossReference" which get's parsed like a linked verseList.

	The other awesome 2 new Bible, the ChiNCVt and ChiNCVs are also
available on the beta site and contain a new feature for 'preVerse'
headings.  These modules were already announced on the dev list, but
still would like feedback if anyone has any issues with these.

	ESV still seems to have odd characters for ', ", and maybe others.
We'll try to get those taken care of soon (Chris?), so you need not
report that as a problem.

	A new parallel view has been added.  We couldn't get the RTF control to
display a nice grid, so we gave up.  If you know how to REALLY make RTF
display a nice grid (and can actually demonstrate it with microsofts
cheesy RichEdit32 control, please send me and RTF example (wordpad uses
this control, so you can test there without programming anything other
than rtf).  The problem is in word wrap and column height adjustment.

	The verse reference parser and locales have been updated, with the help
of Martin and Joachim, to handle some of the wacky and inconsistently
formatted references the ESV has in it's cross-reference notes.  If you
don't see anything popup when hovering over a note, then the parser
still can't deal with that text.  Basic osisRef syntax was also added,
and with these changes there may have been issues introduced with other
locales.  Please check any locale for which you have any stake, and let
us know if there are any problems.

	That's all I can think of for now.  Thanks for all your great work and
feedback.

Here are the links.  Have fun!

Alpha page:
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/

Direct link to the beta .exe (needs to overwrite the sword.exe of a
working install):
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/sword.exe

	In His Grace,
		-Troy.