[sword-devel] Re: Web Interface - Parallel Version Display, was Re: [sword-devel] Please test

Sun, 08 Jun 2003 12:08:40 -0700

Hey Don,
	Thanks for your comments.  I've been having real trouble viewing the
parallel display with IE.  I don't often use IE, but when I attempt to
show it off to 'common'-folk, they usually are.  My belief is that if
ANY part of the page does not completely validate per XML spec, IE
defaults from XHTML to old-school HTML markup and loses much of the CSS
and other features.  Any ideas on that?

	Also, I wanted to let you know that we moved the website into the sword
CVS repository, module name 'swordweb', and I set you up with an
account.  We now can modify in a private area and then commit our
changes.  There are some nuances with permission, but you should be able
to execute the commands (# lines are comments below):

cd /home/sword/html/biblenew/delbourne
# or I think you have a symlink in your home, so
# cd ~/biblenew/delbourne is the same

# be sure your private work area is up to date
cvs update -d

# make your changes and test

# if you've taken a while to get your changes done and ready to
# commit, then you should first run update again to be sure anyone
# else's changes are merged in with yours and retest your work if
# it looks like update updated anything.
cvs update -d

#commit your work
cvs commit

# cvs will then ask you for a comment about what you changed.
# YOU'RE IN VI!!! A few basic VI commands:
# There are 2 basic modes in VI- Command and Edit
# You are initially in command mode.  To get to edit mode you
# can use one of the following:
#
# i = insert at current location
# A = append to the end of the line
# o or O = open a new line below or above current line
#
# ESC = returns to command mode
# Command mode keys:
# x = deletes 1 character
# dd = deletes 1 line
# u = undo (multiple undos available)
# ZZ or :wq = saves and exits
# :q! = quite without saving

# Then go up one directory, to the public biblenew location
cd ..

# And update the public site to the latest stuff
cvs update -d

Looking forward to your changes!  Thanks for keeping us in check!

	-Troy.