[sword-devel] small but critical bug in cvs

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 21:02:35 +0200

Hey,

in cvs there is a critical bug that needs to be solved before 1.5.6:
Something in the verse key parsing logic must have changed: in the German
locale things like "1. Samuel" are no longer correctly parsed. Seems like the
number is confusing the new logic. I don't know how to fix it, so I'm telling
you. =)
If anybody's gonna update the logic now, it would be awesome if you could also
make booknames like "Ad Corinthios II" work (required for the latin locale
that I'm trying to set up). The "II" is currently interpreted as chapter
designation, which makes the book unusable. The logic could check for a
following space character and a following number (chapter) in this case to
make sure the "II" is not a roman numeral for the chapter, but instead
belongs to the bookname. Does that make sense?

Martin