[sword-devel] Re: taking up a collection

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:01:57 -0700

Ross Purdy wrote:

>>I'd be interested in these, if you have the opportunity to send them and
>>if they come from a source that isn't claiming licensing restrictions or
>>an (illegal) copyright (i.e. not Chadwyk-Healey).
>

> Hi Chris,
>
> Where do you think Sergej is getting them from?

In the past, he had been paying to have they typed in by hand.  If he's
just stealing them from Chadwyck-Healey, it's not clear to me what he
even needed money for.

> In any case, these Bibles can not be copyrighted, can they?

The Bibles cannot, however additional markup in them could be
copyrighted.  In any case, access to Chadwyck-Healey's databases is
regulated by a licensing agreement, so export & re-distribution would be
a violation of that agreement.

--Chris