[sword-devel] Re: [sword-support] qpsword for zaurus rom 3.10

Christian Renz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:07:56 +0200

>ipkg says something went wrong

Seems Sharp's package manager is being helpful as ever :). Yes, you
have the newest version.

Are you familiar with the console? I would need your help to find out
a few things:

1. In the console, start qpsword by just typing

qpsword

After qpsword started, close it immediately. The console should show
some output. Could you tell me what it says?

2. Can you verify the following files/directories exist?

/root/swordprefs.conf
/usr/share/sword
/usr/share/sword/mods.d
/usr/share/sword/modules

You can verify that by e.g. typing

ls -l /root/swordprefs.conf

It will either show you the file's attributes, or an error message if
the file doesn't exist. Do it for the other directories also. When
checking the mods.d directory, it should show you a few .conf
files. Does it do that?

3. I'd like to know what went wrong when installing the module. Can
you get another package and try to install it like this:

ipkg -V 3 install sword-tyndale_1.0_all.ipk > ipkg.txt

(This is just an example, you can use any other package as well.) This
involves downloading the package, changing to the package directory
and then issuing the command. If you don't know your way around the
console, this might be a bit advanced. Let me know and I'll give you
more precise instructions.

Can you then send me the text file ipkg.txt? The error messages should
help me in figuring out what went wrong.

Sorry for all the trouble, and thanks for your cooperation!

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite
importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."
    -- C.S. Lewis