[sword-devel] Access violations

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:34:46 +0100

On Sunday 20 July 2003 11:54 pm, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Simon wrote:
> > > PS: Would you mind leaving proprietary file formats of the list?
> >
> > Well, if you had opened the file
>
> Which I can't as I have no use for windows here.

which is no reason to not be able to open nasty old .doc files.

> The remainder is about issues which do not belong on this list at all!
>
> Hugo.

<blatant plug>
Get your lovely lightweight[1] wordprocessor at http://www.abisource.com or in
your favourite distro (and MacOS X version not far from being ready) which
has good .doc import support.[2].
</blatant plug>

Regards ;),
Daniel

[1]OO.o is great as well, but if what you want is something to read the odd
.doc file then AbiWord is imho the better tool for that job.

[2]it's not bad in the stable version but better in the current beta