[sword-devel] Hebrew Parsings

Victor Porton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 08 Jul 2003 09:06:44 +0600 (YEKST)

On 08-Jul-2003 Jason Brooks wrote:
>     I've been looking around more with the new pres that have been out.
> Is there anything in the works for a parsing tool/module for Hebrew?
> I've had Hebrew in Seminary, but that was definitely not my strong
> suit.  If there is nothing freely available, is there any desire to roll
> our own parsing mod?

"Parsing"? What do you mean?

We can semi automatically add strongs to Hebrew (BHS/Aleppo) using strongs
in an existing module (like KJV) to automatically choose which of strongs a
Hebrew word is. (I mean we can often specify a strong for a Hebrew word
only for one verse, for other verse an algorithm an find it.)

Also we can write a GUI to quickly select and review strongs (showing
Hebrew lexicon entries for check).

--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)