[sword-devel] Building 1.5.5 or CVS w/ Debian

Sun, 26 Jan 2003 02:05:36 -0500

On Sunday 26 January 2003 01:10 am, Rob French wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to compile the source as Debian packages. I've tried both
> 1.5.5 and CVS. I used the command:
> dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -b
> I get the following error at the end of the config output:
[lots of errors snipped]
> checking for Sword library files... configure: error: SWORD library not
> found. Try to use configure with --with-sword-dir=/your/SWORD/path!
> make: *** [configure-stamp] Error 1
> It -appears- to me that what's happening is that as it's attempting to
> configure diatheke, it can't find the sword libs (which makes sense
> since they haven't yet been built). I'd really like to build this as
> deb's, any thoughts?

It's either diatheke or the swig bindings. Did you get the sword libs
themselves installed before attempting this install?

Davids Mailing List And Spam Receiver
   Keeping me (relatively) spam free since 2002