[sword-devel] The Sword Project for Palm OS?
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 15:02:10 -0800
Well, Olivetree's speed is great, but Asaisoft's has the ability to view in
split-screen. It'd be neat to incorporate both.
I'm still trying to figure out the parser, and, thus, be able to incorporate
the TCR. It's amazing how many references one can find to Nave's for the
Palm, but the public-domain Thompson Chain topics are nowhere to be found.
Diaspora does a great job, but parsing the THML is a head-scratcher....
All incoming and outgoing email is scanned by
Norton Antivirus for your protection and mine.
Ne Molesti Te Deprimant
Per stercus tauri ad gloriam
Ecce! Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditur
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Trotz" <email@example.com>
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 11:18 PM
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] The Sword Project for Palm OS?
> And while were at it I think the navigation should be cleaned up, Olive
> Tree's navigation works good we should change it to something like that. I
> actually had a far out idea that would speed up finding a place in the
> tenfold. But I never tested it to see how feasible it was. If anyone is
> going to start coding for this project send me an email and I will try to
> explain it, remember I said it was far out ;-)
> David Trotz
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "David Woods" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> To: <email@example.com>
> Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 10:19 PM
> Subject: Re: [sword-devel] The Sword Project for Palm OS?
> > I don't think this will answer all of your questions, but...
> > Back some time ago I played around with creating commentary modules for
> > Bible Reader. How you do it is - with Diaspora check the PBR, select
> > (Bible or commentary only - dictionaries won't work) to convert. The
> > following will be a text file. Then you use BibleConverter to convert
> > text files into a .pdb
> > Poetry used to have a page explaining the markup. The file I attached
> > Mat. 1:1-20 of Family Bible Notes of Diaspora output of PBR.
> > There are several problems I ran into while trying to do this some time
> > back. One, the BibleConverter would choke if you tried to convert a
> > bigger than about 2 MB. I was browsing around with the Java help files
> > recently and found out there is some heap size setting (xms?) that you
> > do - but I couldn't get it too work for me.
> > Also, Palm OS has a limitation of 64KB per record. Back when I was
> > to convert modules, I had to break up Clarke' comments on some verses
> > several verses in order to get it to work. If I didn't, the program
> > crash. Another limitation of Bible Reader is that you can have a
> > 12 modules. That is a serious limitation, especially if the
> > BibleConverter problem cannot be fixed. I had to cut Clarke's
> > into six modules to get it working on Bible Reader.
> > Another limitation of Bible Reader that I would like to see addressed is
> > copy feature. Right now, you can copy a verse or a page. I would
> > being able to copy exactly what text I wish to copy.
> > David
> sword-devel mailing list