[sword-devel] Developing a Module

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:46:18 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Richard Guay wrote:

> I was asked by Missionary Philip Pope to update the Sword ThaiKJV
> module.  He is sending me the latest work on the translation next
> week.  What is the easiest method of updating this module?  He is
> sending in pdf format.  I have not seen a utility for moving from pdf
> into sword format.  I thought whoever did the original module could
> give me a hint!  Thanks for your help.

As Daniel said, you don't want to use PDF as the source text.  Since he
had to have generated the PDF out of something else, you should build off
of that original document.

The main thing you'll need to do is convert from the encoding it uses
(Codepage 874 possibly) to Unicode.  You can use uconv (from
http://www.crosswire.org/ftpmirror/pub/sword/utils/win32/ ) or possibly
iconv to convert from CP-874 (or whatever) to UTF-8.

Then lay the verses out in a format like

$$$Gen 1:1
first verse
$$$Gen 1:2
second verse
etc.

and run it through imp2vs to make the module for testing.  Then send the
source file (what you feed to imp2vs) to me and I'll update the module on
the site.

--Chris