[sword-devel] Developing a Module

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:23:26 -0000

Ouch, doesn't sound like a nice way to try and update the text. It
_may_ be possible to extract the text from each pdf and then make a
new module from that but the normal free tools for that like pdf2html
don't handle non-roman scripts well - it generates rubbish.

But I don't think that Mr Pope really wants to encourage people to
extract the text that way anyway. Is there no way he can give you the
text in a more workable format?

I don't know for sure but I assume that the original module was
created using the html version
http://thaipope.org/webbible/index.html

Is there any chance that it will be updated with the latest text and
that you can use that?

Regards,
Daniel

On 21 Jan 2003 at 21:48, Richard Guay sent forth the message: