[sword-devel] Righteousness and copyrights

Rev. Michael Paul Johnson sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 08:24:29 +1000

--=====================_20811585==_.ALT

At 10:49 11-01-03 +0100, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Rev. Michael Paul Johnson wrote:
>
>> 3. Don't complain, badmouth, or violate the intellectual property
>> rights of competing people or products, no matter what they say about
>> you. (Prov. 26:2) Pray for them, bless them, and do not curse them. Rom.
>> 12:14; Rom. 12:17; 1 Peter 3:8-11
>
>I can not agree on the issue of complaint. However in such a complaint one
>should know where one stands and use representative language in pleading
>for a case. (Then again you may not call this a complaint but a request
>instead ;-)

There is a big difference between making a request or stating your case and simply complaining. The former has a righteous function and can be done in love. The latter does nothing but stir up anger and bitterness.

The most powerful way to get people to cooperate with us on copyright issues is to (1) write the BEST Bible study software available at any price, and (2) demonstrate responsibility and trustworthiness in what we are given permission to do.

Rev. Michael Paul Johnson
Servant of Jesus Christ
mpj@eBible.org
http://eBible.org/mpj/

--=====================_20811585==_.ALT

Paul Johnson wrote:<br><br>
&gt; 3. Don't complain, badmouth, or violate the intellectual property
&gt; rights of competing people or products, no matter what they say
about <br>
&gt; you. (Prov. 26:2) Pray for them, bless them, and do not curse them.
Rom. <br>
&gt; 12:14; Rom. 12:17; 1 Peter 3:8-11<br><br>
I can not agree on the issue of complaint. However in such a complaint
one<br>
should know where one stands and use representative language in
pleading<br>
for a case. (Then again you may not call this a complaint but a
request<br>
There is a big difference between making a request or stating your case
and simply complaining. The former has a righteous function and can be
done in love. The latter does nothing but stir up anger and
bitterness.<br><br>
The most powerful way to get people to cooperate with us on copyright
issues is to (1) write the BEST Bible study software available at any
price, and (2) demonstrate responsibility and trustworthiness in what we
are given permission to do.<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Rev. Michael Paul Johnson<br>
Servant of Jesus Christ<br>