[sword-devel] PHP

Daniel Adams sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:54:32 -0700

I think I am getting some ideas for my desire for PHP and being able to read
the verses from my PHP stuff and be able to display them, one question that
came up is what would the name and the syntax of the function to display a
single verse when given a verse name (ie Genesis 1:1)? If a different format
is needed for the verse name, I have all of the verses listed in a form of

Book
Starting Chapter
Starting Verse
Ending Chapter
Ending Verse

I am also using values of 0 for any verse that is not existent. For example
Genesis 1:1 would be divided to
Genesis | 1 |1 | 0 | 0.
I have the extra divisions so I can mathematically formulate parts of it.

By the Grace of God,
Dan Adams - infoChi@infomagic.net
http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~dpa3

  1 Peter 4:10 (NIV)-  Each one should use whatever gift he has received to
serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.