[sword-devel] Error running "make" on CVS of Sword - New

Steven P. Ulrick sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 23:47:33 -0600

Hello, Everybody :)
After my initial postings on the above subject, I noticed that Troy
started a thread called "NEED A HAND".  When I saw that, I figured that
was tied in with why I couldn't "make" the CVS of Sword without the
following error:

Configured to NOT write a global /etc/sword.conf on 'make install'.
If this is the first time you've installed sword, be sure to run
'make install_config' if you would like a basic configuration installed

Next you might try something like:

make
su
make install
(and optionally)
make install_config
make register

make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/steve/CVS/sword'
Making all in lib
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/steve/CVS/sword/lib'
Makefile:603: *** missing separator.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/sword/lib'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/sword'
make: *** [all] Error 2
[root@localhost sword]# make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/steve/CVS/sword'
Making all in lib
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/steve/CVS/sword/lib'
Makefile:603: *** missing separator.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/sword/lib'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/sword'
make: *** [all] Error 2

And at the same time that Troy informed us that the CVS of Sword was
broken, I figured, that explains my problem :)
Well for the first time in about a week, the CVS of Sword updated
completely, without the error message "Exiting with Status 1", so I
figured that maybe it was working again.
My question is, is the CVS of Sword still broken?  But if it isn't, I
would appreciate your help in figuring out what, if anything, is wrong
on my end :)

Thanks in advance for your help :)
Steven P. Ulrick