[sword-devel] Web Interface

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:57:02 EST

--part1_f4.2978fa4e.2b8808be_boundary

In a message dated 2/21/2003 2:30:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
delbourne@cox.net writes:

> I have 3 requests. Standards. Standards. Standards. Standards. oops that was
> 4. :) IMNSHO we should go with XHTML/CSS and separate the semantic
> structural markup from the display style.
> http://www.webstandards.org/

I also have one request- Localizability
Able to switch language in the User Interface (not the Bible Text itself)
easily with just translation of the text. If you don't know what I talk
about, try google.com and go to the preference to switch your language.

There are a 2nd level of cutual friendly localization which involed more than
text translation but also art work , layout , etc. But that is usually build
based on a good 1st level localizability as I mentioned above. I think the
1st level is a must, the 2nd level usually involved with a lot of target
cutural design and the 1st level support will enable other people to do the
2nd level support easier.

--part1_f4.2978fa4e.2b8808be_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 2/21/2003 2:30:34 PM Pacific Standa=
rd Time, delbourne@cox.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I have 3 requests. Standards. S=
tandards. Standards. Standards. oops that was<BR>
4. :) IMNSHO we should go with XHTML/CSS and separate the semantic<BR>
structural markup from the display style.<BR>
http://www.webstandards.org/<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
I also have one request- Localizability<BR>
Able to switch language in the User Interface (not the Bible Text itself) ea=
sily with just translation of the text. If you don't know what I talk about,=
 try google.com and go to the preference to switch your language. <BR>
<BR>
There are a 2nd level of cutual friendly localization which involed more tha=
n text translation but also art work , layout , etc. But that is usually bui=
ld based on a good 1st level localizability as I mentioned above. I think th=
e 1st level is a must, the 2nd level usually involved with a lot of target c=
utural design and the 1st level support will enable other people to do the 2=
nd level support easier.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_f4.2978fa4e.2b8808be_boundary--