[sword-devel] "Inofficial" modules

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:11:09 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Christian Renz wrote:

> someone on the support list asked whether we would also include
> fiction works, specifically his fantasy stories that are somewhat
> allegorical. I sort of told him that it wouldn't be suitable for the
> official Sword module list (see my reply below).

That sounds right.  We're not looking to become a general ebook
repository.

> Are there any plans to have an "inofficial" module list? I noticed
> Troy has some err... nonbiblical modules ;-) on his qpsword page (I
> even read one...). If not, I might be interested in doing one myself
> -- I plan to convert the Pater Brown texts from CCEL.org for my train
> rides :)

Tom Sawyer & Around the World in 80 Days were done for a contest entry.
Similar works will probably not be produced or distributed by us.

I think having or hosting an unofficial module list would make it
official.  We might link to another site that wished to host such
material if we trusted its maintainer, but I suspect we would shy away
from too much involvement in an official capacity.

--Chris