[sword-devel] Bible web site show up in w3c.org site as example of technology

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 02:16:56 EST

--part1_20.aa34f69.2b85dae8_boundary

What is the best way to display interlinear text in html? Here is your answer
:)

Swrod friends:

I just help my friend who produce the Chinese Bible site (bible.fhl.net) to
change the html tag they use to display strong number to the new w3c
recommendation <ruby> tag.

And after that, I recommended to the w3c.org CSS and RUBY editors to use that
site as demo cases for <ruby>

So... now w3c.org list that Bible site as an example how people use the
standard they define :)

See the

Examples

Ruby used for <A HREF="http://bible.fhl.net/test/read.php?VERSION1=unv&VERSION4=bhs&strongflag=1&TABFLAG=1&chineses=%ABX&chap=1&submit1=%BE%5C%C5%AA">linguistic annotations</A> (experimental)

in
<A HREF="http://www.w3.org/International/O-HTML-ruby.html">http://www.w3.org/International/O-HTML-ruby.html</A>

w3c is the industry standard organization define what is HTML, CSS, DOM, XML,
XSLT, XSL, etc.

We could use the same method to display Greek interlinear text :)

The Sword project does have the OSIS encoded Chinese Bible module from
bible.fhl.net project. and the project manager tjm is on this mailling list
now.

Congraduation tjm- for you great job that made it into even non-Christine
industry standard site as a role model for those technology :) :)

--part1_20.aa34f69.2b85dae8_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
What is the best way to display interlinear text in html? Here is your answe=
r :)<BR>
<BR>
Swrod friends:<BR>
<BR>
I just help my friend who produce the Chinese Bible site (bible.fhl.net) to=20=
change the html tag they use to display strong number to the new w3c recomme=
ndation &lt;ruby&gt; tag. <BR>
<BR>
And after that, I recommended to the w3c.org CSS and RUBY editors to use tha=
t site as demo cases for &lt;ruby&gt;<BR>
<BR>
So... now w3c.org list that Bible site as an example how people use the stan=
dard they define :)<BR>
<BR>
See the<BR>
<BR>
Examples<BR>
<BR>
Ruby used for <A HREF=3D"http://bible.fhl.net/test/read.php?VERSION1=3Dunv&V=
ERSION4=3Dbhs&strongflag=3D1&TABFLAG=3D1&chineses=3D%ABX&chap=3D1&submit1=
=3D%BE%5C%C5%AA">linguistic annotations</A> (experimental)<BR>
<BR>
in <BR>
<A HREF=3D"http://www.w3.org/International/O-HTML-ruby.html">http://www.w3.o=
rg/International/O-HTML-ruby.html</A><BR>
<BR>
w3c is the industry standard organization define what is HTML, CSS, DOM, XML=
, XSLT, XSL, etc. <BR>
<BR>
We could use the same method to display Greek interlinear text :) <BR>
<BR>
The Sword project does have the OSIS encoded Chinese Bible module from bible=
.fhl.net project. and the project manager tjm is on this mailling list now.<=

<BR>
Congraduation tjm- for you great job that made it into even non-Christine in=
dustry standard site as a role model for those technology :) :)<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>