[sword-devel] Problems making a module from OSIS

David Mullens sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:27:20 -0500

Never doubt that a group of thoughtfully, creative people can change the
world - Margaret Mead

Hi,

I am new to the list and the Sword project.  I thought I would try my
hand at creating a Sword module.

I used the instructions at
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/develop/swordmodule/index.jsp and the new
xml2gbs.exe.  It creates a .bdt, .dat and .idx file.  I created a
directory (with the name of my module under the rawtext directory) and
placed the files under there.  I tried to create a .conf file and I
placed that in the mods.d directory.  When I start the app, I see a tab
with my module name listed, but for the text, all it has is "Chapter 1"
at the top.

I tried to follow the OSIS tutorial to create an OSIS text based on Gen
1:1.  I even tried to go to Gen 1.1 in the Sword app....still no go.

I'm sure I'm missing a step somewhere.  Basically, I just want to
convert an OSIS text to a sword module and open it up in my sword app.
Any guidance is appreciated!

Peace,

Dave.