[sword-devel] Bereans and Sword and GPL vs PD

Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 01:33:32 -0700

>My uninformed impression is that many GPL projects tend to be ok with
>"compatible licenses" and/or less restrictive use of libraries. The SWORD
>Project doesn't seem to be. - i.a.n.a.l.- They certainly have that right.

Some projects get things wrong. I would look to what GPL says and not how
some may be misusing it. As Chris has said, compatible licenses are a one
way street. (I missed that point the first time a replied to you about
this.) It would be easy for a project to get that wrong. So don't jump of
the cliff with the others doing it.

Jerry