[sword-devel] Quasi-internationalized versions of LcdBible available (spanish-rv, french-lsg, german-lut)

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:02:40 -0700

Sword-devel'ers:

There are quasi-internationalized version of the LcdBible software available
at:

Spanish RV - NT:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/lcdbible/LcdBibleSetup_sparv.exe

French LSG - NT
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/lcdbible/LcdBibleSetup_frelsg.exe

German Luthern - NT:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/lcdbible/LcdBibleSetup_gerlut.exe

Some notes and caveats:
* The Bible book names were borrowed from The SWORD Project for Windows
using the options-translation
* For now, an end-user could only have one trans at a time on their computer
* I just used google-trans for guessing at the equivalent of "Search For" or
"Search Phrase". I ignored, for now, the issue of word order.
* Once you get the hang of it, it's is nearly trivial to do this quick/dirty
internationalization ... an hour or so per trans (in queue: Swahili, GerBen,
KLV (Klingon?), Czech, Turkish, Uma, Bulgarian, Greek)
* I only wrestled with uncompressed Bible texts
* The installation routine words aren't translated.
* The titlebar isn't translated
* I'm not clear if all these use the same versification, but assumed this
was the case
* All chars are 8-bit ascii rather than unicode or multi-byte
* LcdBible is only for Window with Win98-Second Edition or later, not Linux

Feedback appreciated. I'd also like to check if it would be appropriate to
request feedback on the sword-support list.

Sharing the reason for the season,
http://learningcards.eeworks.org/EeCard01.html

Lynn A. l.allan@att.net