[sword-devel] More VBA Help Wanted

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 06:58:04 -0700

Keith and Troy,

>> Has anyone done anything with the other VBA macros beyond the installer?

I'm also curious whether any progress has been made on the EasyEnglish
development. I think I was aware of 3 or 4 people with VB skills who
expressed interest. I believe one or more indicated they might be able to
work on it after finals (Keith?)

If no one with solid VB skills is able to tackle this task, I am interested
in giving it a shot. I would prefer to get some mentoring from people with
VB expertise, as I am a relative newbie. <<The first version of InVerse used
Access-97 and some embedded vba. VisualTest (for gui automated testing) uses
a variant of vb for scripting. Windows Script Host 5.6 seems to be a variant
of vba, and I've done a few scripts using it.>>

I've gotten a book on vba and glanced at it. Looks like it could be fun :-)
Development of LcdBible continues to go well, so I may have time to work on
this later in Dec or in Jan, 2004. Obviously, it would be much better for
someone with solid vb expertise to work on this.

Lynn A.