[sword-devel] qpsword

Mark Dayton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:22:36 -0500

Daniel and Tim,

Thank you so much for responding to my question. I use qpsword every day and I am very grateful for all who have worked to make it available. The improvements I  am hoping for are:

1. Fix the Menu.  Either a toolbar button or have it so that it responds to the Menu button on the keypad.

2. Synchronize the current position when you switch from one translation to another translation/commentary.  Currently when you first switch from one translation to another the current position is moved to the first chapter, first verse.  Once you reset the position back to where you were in the new translation/commentary they will stay synchronized until you change to a different book. I guess you could also have the option of keeping them unsynchronized so you could be reading from one book in one translation and a different book in another translation.

3. Make links work. In commentaries there are often links to cross references. Clicking on these links currently doesn’t work.  There should also be a limited history so you can go back to where you were after you followed the link.

4. Configurable fonts.  I have the opposite problem of Tim’s, I would like to see a larger font.  I also would like to be able to change the color of the highlighted verse (it shows up neon green on my Zaurus making it nearly impossible for me to read).

5. Add the ability to search only a subset (ex. New Testament only) of the Bible.

Any thing you can do to implement any of these is greatly appreciated. I’m sorry that I can’t offer any assistance in making these things happen.  I  lack the time/resources/talent/… to do much more than offer my services as a beta tester.

In Faith,

Mark