[sword-devel] Error compiling Sword from the CVS

Hugo van der Kooij sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:38:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:36:27 +0200 (CEST)
> Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> >
> > > Hello, Everyone :)
> > > While attempting to compile Sword from the CVS, I get the following
> > > error:
> >
> > Please include some information regarding your setup like
> > compiler+version, ....

> I am using Red Hat Linux 9.  Assuming that the compiler that is called
> up when I run "make" is the GNU C compiler (gcc), then the version that
> I am running is gcc-3.2.2-5  This is the version that comes with Red Hat
> 9

I compiled packages that could show you the missing dependencies. See the
description on
http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/software/sword-1.5.6-rc1HvdK.i386.html

It seems you are missing zlib-devel as package.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.