[sword-devel] Preferences > Language

Christian Renz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 00:23:00 +0200

>That's a bummer. I wish I had time to work on the XUL interface.

Well, better than working on a new interface would be to keep all
translated strings in UTF-8 formats. That way, they could be shared
across platforms (e.g. book names, generic sword vocabulary like
"chapter"). From what I've understood, this is planned, but not yet
realized. The main problem is that you need to convert them back on
Windows to the appropriate character set.

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"It hath ever been the lot of truth (like the Lord of it) to be
crucified between right-hand and left-hand thieves."
    -- Christopher Ness, An Antidote Against Arminianism, 1770