[sword-devel] Hebrew Confs :o)

Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:17:54 -0700

Avihai.H,
	Thank you for the locales!

yes, an anomoly with Chapter is that we are displaying it in a unicode
aware rtf control, so you must use rtf mechanisms to make it display
correctly.  This will probably mean supplying escape codes for the
unicode characters in Hebrew for 'Chapter'.  And you might even need to
reverse them, since we don't do any rtl ltr formatting on the heading,
though the control SHOULD be smart enough to reverse it for you, since
you gave it characters in an rtl language page-- but don't count on it :)

Here is an example from the Chinese NCV About entry, which shows how to
supply unicode rtf escape characters:

About=\u32178?\u19978?\u12298?\u-32682?\u32147?\u26032?\u-29841?\u26412?\u12299?

And here is a link to the unicode chart of characters and their
hexidecimal values.

http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0590.pdf

RTF wants decimal values so you'll need to convert the values in the
chart to base 10:

http://www.pocketnes.org/hexa.html

	Hope this helps, and thanks again!!!

		-Troy.