[sword-devel] Copyright/Locked modules

Jonathan Hunt sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:55:34 +1200

Hi,

Yes I contact Navpress a few days ago to see if they would be open to allowing
the creation of a module and was turned down. Letter is pasted in below:
I am wondering since this seem to be more the one place the has turned Sword
project down but allowed E-Sword to publish for free if its feasible to add a
filter on Sword so that it can read E-Sword files. This wouldn't be breaking
copyright because E-Sword is still the one supplying the files and we are not
modifying them at all.
Cheers,
Jonny

Dear Jonathan,

Hello from the Message Bible Team at NavPress.  Currently, the Sword Project
is not something that we are interested in releasing the Message to.  We
need to carefully protect the copyright of our version of the Bible, and it
seems that it would be a complicated process of monitoring the distribution
of keys to 'unlock' The Message; consequently, this is not something we are
interesting in undertaking at this time.  Thank you for your email though.
May the Message continue to bless you!

In Christ,
Kristen DiFelice
Rights Assistant, The Message