[sword-devel] [Fwd: SWORD Project with WBS]

Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:16:32 -0700

Over the recent weeks, the World Wide Bible Society has been in contact
with us about providing a free module of their New Chinese Version (NCV)
of the Bible.  They had some troubles with WORDSearchBible.com-- who
they initially were working with to provide such.  Below is the most
recent email I've received from them about a few extra features that
they would like to see in BibleCS before they release a CD which will
accompany their printed ESV/NCV parallel Bible.  Does anyone have the
desire and time to add any of these features to BibleCS?

	-Troy.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: SWORD Project with WBS
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:28:58 -0700
From: kkjung@wwbibleusa.org
To: "Troy A. Griffitts" <scribe@crosswire.org>
CC: kkjung@wwbibleusa.org

Dear Troy,

I am extremely thankful to our Lord to provide an organization such as
CrossWire
Bible Society to offer technical help on electronic editions of Scripture.
I really appreciate the board vision of pushing the state-of-the-art OSIS
initiative.

I was delighted to have the chance to download and browse the Window SWORD
tool. Since we are accustomed to the WORDSearchBible.com Bible Study
Software,
we like very much to include the following features in the SWORD project
as well.
(a) Parallel Bible ? It is very important for the user to see multiple up
to 4 translations of Bible simultaneously as seen in
http://wordsearchbible.com/z-trans.htm.

  (b) Search result ? It will be nice to highlight the word entered for
search
with a different color or in bold face.
(c) ZIPScript ? Allow the user to pull in Scripture verses to any program
running in Windows by click a single button. It is extremely useful for
making PowerPoint or Word documents. The feature is more convenient than
cut and paste.

The priority of our preference is in the same order as shown above where
item (a) is strongly desirable and item (c) is a nice feature to have. We
were scheduled to provide a software Bible tool provided by WORDSearchBible
with the launch of our Chinese-English in summer.  The technical challenge
at WORDSearchBible has a big impact on our schedule. Would you please
provide
us an rough estimate on the schedule of integrating New Chinese Version
(NCV) Bible into SWORD Window project? We really appreciate the professional
help from you. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

In Christ
Kenneth