[sword-devel] Re:link svl files instant topical index

Geoffrey W Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:45:50 -0700

----__JNP_000_226b.63ac.012b

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:39:51 +0200 "Daniel Freedman"
<dannyza1981@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> I like the suggestions
>
> But to be more precise, maybe for a next release, you could link svl
> files with bookmarks, thus, you create your bookmark list from a choice

> svl verse list... and voila - instant topical index....
>
> DF

I have set my book marks up already in a topical format by using folders
and sub-folders in my verse list folder.
I have a folder for Salvation, a folder for baptism, a folder for
Godhead, A folder for Pre-Law practices, etc..
Under Baptism I have svl files on Immersion, After Conversion, When (how
soon), Why, and so on.
If I have a svl list that fits more than one topic I just put a shortcut
for it in the other folders that it applies to. An example of this would
be Tithing, It fits under Pre-Law practices and also under stewardship
and Finances or giving.
In each folder I have a shortcut back to the main (top) folder which
serves as a topical index.
In this way you can set up as many topics and subtopics as you desire.

I had thought of just putting a note in my bookmarks to reference related
verse lists. A link could be handy.
----__JNP_000_226b.63ac.012b

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3Dcontent-type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2719.2200" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bottomMargin=3D0 leftMargin=3D3 topMargin=3D0 rightMargin=3D3>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:39:51 +0200 "Daniel Freedman" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:dannyza1981@yahoo.co.uk">dannyza1981@yahoo.co.uk</A>&gt;=20
writes:<BR>&gt; I like the suggestions<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; But to be more =
precise,=20
maybe for a next release, you could link svl <BR>&gt; files&nbsp;with =
bookmarks,=20
thus, you create your bookmark list from a choice <BR>&gt; svl=20
verse&nbsp;list... and voila - <STRONG>instant topical=20
index</STRONG>....<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; DF<BR></DIV>
<DIV>I have set my book marks up already in a topical format by using =
folders=20
and sub-folders in my verse list folder.</DIV>
<DIV>I have a folder for Salvation, a folder for baptism, a folder for =
Godhead,=20
A folder for Pre-Law practices, etc..</DIV>
<DIV>Under Baptism I have svl files on Immersion, After Conversion, When (=
how=20
soon), Why, and so on.</DIV>
<DIV>If I have a svl list that fits more than one topic I just put a =
shortcut=20
for it in the other folders that it applies to. An example of this would be=
=20
Tithing, It fits under Pre-Law practices and also under stewardship and =
Finances=20
or giving.</DIV>
<DIV>In each folder I have a shortcut back to the main (top) folder which =
serves=20
as a topical index.</DIV>
<DIV>In this way you can set up as many topics and subtopics as you=20
desire.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I had thought of just putting a note in my bookmarks to=20
reference&nbsp;related verse lists. A link&nbsp;could be handy.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

----__JNP_000_226b.63ac.012b--

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.