[sword-devel] Diatheke

Daniel Adams sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 17:02:31 -0700

An addition to the e-mail I just sent, it should have already arrived,
if not this will make sense after that e-mail arrives, for the other
books that my idea didn't cover for GenBooks, then use the module name
for the Book name, and then use a X:X(:X) like idea for the interface.

By the grace of God,
Dan Adams

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org
[mailto:owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org] On Behalf Of Chris Little
Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2002 4:30 PM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] Diatheke

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Daniel Adams wrote:

> 	I might have mentioned some interests in the Diatheke part of
the
> Sword project, but since I have been unable to get some ideas on my
> own and since school has once again started up, I am occupied with
> most of my time with other stuff including other help relating to the
> Sword project. I was going to ask, since at the current moment, it
> does not look as if it is currently possible. Is there any current or
> soon to be support for the GenBook modules, I have some that I would
> be interested in brining up in Diatheke.

Possibly soon.

I've got a couple of patches from people that I need to integrate, which

should fix some of the bugs in searching at least.  I'm not sure how
GenBook support would work with Diatheke.  Can you suggest an interface?

I could require users to supply full treekeys like "/1Enoch/4/5" but
that
seems a bit un-user-friendly.  The other option might be to generate
some
kind of tree for the user, but that would be a great deal more work to
implement in an HTML-friendly way.

--Chris