[sword-devel] Distribution/Copyright issues

Jordan Wiens sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:17:13 -0500 (CDT)

Along those lines, many online ebook places use your credit card number
and expiration to decrypt the encrypted file.  Of course, this assumes you
are unable to crack the decryption engine so that it outputs the raw
(unencrypted) text after you've entered the CC, allowing the unencrypted
version to be distributed, but that's besides the point.  The idea is the
same as you pointed out with personal information.  I wouldn't be suprised
if some publishers were fans of that idea as I have seen a number of
(specifically palm and pocketpc) ebook publishers using this technique.

--
jordan