[sword-devel] Bibletime Attn: Joachim

Ed Sylvis sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 21:22:16 -0700

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 09:23 am, Lamar Owen wrote:
> RPM's per se are not the problem.  Any prebuilt binary linked against the
> wrong KDE libs can be a problem, not just ones brought in as RPM.
>
> You can rebuild from the source RPM, though.  With bibletime, in its
> current form, that is non-trivial, as it involves editing the spec file.  I
> am hopefully going to get a more automagic spec file built and working for
> hopefully the next version of Bibletime (I built the 1.2.1 RPMset on the
> Bibletime download area on SourceForge).
>
> I can write a short HOWTO for rebuilding those RPM's, though.  It will be
> the weekend before I get time, however.

To be honest it's much simpler to just use a source distro. I appreciate the
offer however and would probably be interested in looking at it. Building is
pretty simple and fast with a decent computer and a well designed build. Not
like those old days of hunting down the right libraries with a dialup and
compiling on a PS2/486-33. :o)

God bless!

-Ed