[sword-devel] Bibletime Attn: Joachim

Lamar Owen sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 12:23:35 -0400

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 02:59 am, Ed Sylvis wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 September 2002 09:24 pm, David's Mailing List and Spam
> Reciever
> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 03 September 2002 11:03 pm, Ed Sylvis wrote:
> > > I just upgraded KDE to 3.0.3-0.7 and now Bibletime is crashing

> > Recompile against the new kdelibs and all should be happy. I use gentoo

> Yep, that did it. Thanks! I guess I've been getting real lazy. I had
> installed Bibletime using the rpm and should have realized that it had been
> compiled using the old kdelibs. RPMs are nice, but they can cause a lot of
> problems when upgrading.

RPM's per se are not the problem.  Any prebuilt binary linked against the
wrong KDE libs can be a problem, not just ones brought in as RPM.

You can rebuild from the source RPM, though.  With bibletime, in its current
form, that is non-trivial, as it involves editing the spec file.  I am
hopefully going to get a more automagic spec file built and working for
hopefully the next version of Bibletime (I built the 1.2.1 RPMset on the
Bibletime download area on SourceForge).

I can write a short HOWTO for rebuilding those RPM's, though.  It will be the
weekend before I get time, however.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio